In order to maintain a friendly and pleasant atmosphere on the Idea Space portal we have implemented some basic rules of conduct, which may be updated by us from time to time without previous notice. All community members and/or visitors who participate and use this portal’s facilities are expected to read and agree with these rules and policies and not to violate any of them.
- General Conditions The present terms and conditions of use apply to the Idea Space portal at http://www.idea-space.eu, including all tools and services administered by the OEI2 project in connection with the Idea Space portal. In using the portal, tools or services, you commit to comply with the present terms and conditions of use.
- Intellectual Property Rights The Idea Space portal is based on the sharing and collaborative paradigm of Web 2.0. Thus, its content which is not password protected is open and freely available for use to the public according to the Creative Commons CC BY 4.0 license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/). Where content is password protected, it is subject to normal copyright protection, unless additional user rights are granted by the copyright owner. This is equally valid for content linked up from the Idea Space portal.
- Unauthorized Use and Practices Users shall refrain from:
- Inserting into Idea Space posts or images of a defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane or threatening nature. This includes any messages or material ethnically, racially, religiously or sexually offensive, insulting or demeaning.
- Inserting into Idea Space contents that violate laws or regulations.
- Using the portal as a medium for spam;
- Discussing illegal activities such as software and movie piracy and other intellectual property infringement;
- Employing any mechanisms, software or scripts other than interfaces or software provided by the Idea Space itself when interacting with the portal;
- Obtaining unauthorised access and distribute or publicly disclose the restricted content that may be made available to closed user groups on the Idea Space portal;
- Performing any actions which may impair the operation of the Idea Space portal, particularly actions which may overload the portal infrastructure.
- Expected behaviour of members Members of the Idea Space are encouraged to:
- Keep all contributions within the appropriate community area of interest;
- Use short and concise titles when posting entries;
- Communicate themselves as clearly as possible;
- Refrain from using foul or offensive language;
- Treat all other Idea Space members in a respectful and courteous manner at all times, even in the event of disagreements
- Links to other websites The Open Idea Space portal may contain hyperlinks to websites or web pages of third parties or other parties, or refer to them in some other way. OEI2 has no control over the content or other features of these websites or web pages and cannot be held liable in any way for the content or features thereof. Idea Space ’s use of links does not in any way constitute implicit approval of the content of these websites or web pages.
- Passwords and secure areas of the portal Users need a password to access certain restricted areas of the Open Idea Space portal. Entering these areas without a password is strictly prohibited. Once you have received such a password, you must keep this password secret and confidential. Each use of Idea Space made after valid identification using your password shall be deemed to be committed by you. If OEI2 has reason to believe that the safety of the site is in jeopardy, Idea Space can delete your account.
- Disciplinary MeasuresAll content posted by users express the views of the author. The Idea Space portal and the OEI2 project will not be held responsible for any message.
While the aforementioned rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure that the Idea Space portal is not disrupted or abused in any way.
The OEI2 project reserves the right to monitor the Idea Space portal’s posts and delete any postings or that do not adhere to these rules and our standard portal terms and conditions of use. This includes postings that disrupt or interfere with our technical operations.
We reserve the right to close or ban, temporarily or permanently, any posts without previous notice, as we deem necessary.
Should you feel you have been treated unfairly by us, you may appeal directly to us.
- Disclaimer The Idea Space is a result of the OEI2 project co-funded by the Lifelong Learning Programme of the EC. The content of the Idea Space portal does not reflect the views of the European Commission. The information, software, products and services that are offered on the Idea Space portal may contain shortcomings of all kinds. Idea Space does not warrant for them in any way. The information is supplied and presented without any form of guarantee. Idea Space shall not be liable for possible viruses and rejects all liability for any damage these viruses may cause.